October 25, 2006

Pulse...

Hey everyone, the blog is still alive I assure you of that! However my ability to conjure up anything worth posting has been minimized by the heavy demands of the God of War 2 work schedule a.k.a "The Red Schedule". I really tried to create a real update with something meaningful about game design, then I tried to write something about how I design, and finally this is what you get because my brain is mush. The blog will also not be updated much until the game is finished because well I like to focus. Cory and Derek are much better at updating with interesting stuff anyhow so see them for the dish on the game. I promise to get back to this thing in full force when "Boredom, the cure for creativity" shows up in March or shortly thereafter.

In other news I am not the biggest purchaser of Video games but the whole process of going to EB sucks balls. Everything has to be pre-order or hidden in the sea of used games without real boxes! If anyone knows of a good mom n' pop style game store in the Santa Monica or surrounding area other than Hyper Game please let me know. I used to work at a small store back in Ohio and miss those days of the people actually caring and wanting to sell games without warranty quotas or pre-order sales.

Case in point I want this, but cannot even pre-order it at the store. I need to pre-order it online, oh well times are changing.

portrait of ruin

7 comments:

omar kendall said...

C'mon, I'll put in my pre-order with you. Art book; if it's Ayami Kojima stuff, it's worth it.

jchensor said...

Dude, I've gone to EB I don't know HOW many times in the past year to ask them "Do have [game] in?" only to be asked, "Did you pre-order it?" Of course I say, "No." And then they follow-up with "Then no, we don't."

How stupid is this?!? I can't even buy video games anymore. I've almost given up and have just resorted to buying all my games online. I mean, why not? If I do, I also get that art book with Ayami Kojima stuff with my DS game for free! How is this not a better way to go?

The days of buying games in a physical store are pretty much disappearing. I don't think this is quite what people meant by digital distribution.

eric williams said...

Ok so I did not give in but I told the lady I wanted this for x-mas so I am sure she took care of it... sad I know.

Zodiak said...

exactly jchensor, now like everytime I buy something they force you to reserve a game. Meaning, saying "no" just doesn't cut it anymore, I'm about to threaten them with force but that's a no-no in our society, so saying "no" 4 times will do for now.

But yeah I have had so many problems with my local EB that I just gave up going there. Now, knowing that EB and Gamestop are 1 huge company, there is a gamestop a few miles away that is so much better and they don't force the whole reserve/pre-order bullshit.

As much as I hate to buy games online, I would if companies like that keep doing those slimy tactics.

As for that pre-order it looks wicked nice, but not as a pre-order item...no way, they could just sell that as is.

WillW-UK said...

I heard that if blog readers would like a copy of the demo of GOW2, that would be possible.

Im william (No#1 fan in UK) of gow2

my email addy is simsward007@hotmail.com

jchensor said...

I thought this was very appropriate:

Penny-Arcade

-James

omar kendall said...

I managed to get the art book and I have to say, it's totally worth it.